Wednesday, December 8, 2010

evaluation for task four

  • What is the thesis for your paper? The thesis for my paper was writer's block and how it can effect people.

  • List the main points you make in your paper. The struggles it takes to write your thoughts on paper, one minute you know what you want to say and the thoughts are gone.

  • What was the most helpful advice you received from your peer evaluation? I like the feedback on the basics, spelling, punctuation and most times they catch things you haven't.

  • What was the most helpful information you received in class for your paper? Once again and as always, everything.

  • How many drafts of this paper do you think you wrote and how/when did you write them? For example, did you compose at the keyboard, did you write lots of notes to yourself, did you pre-write or outline, did you write in small chunks of time or sit down and produce an entire draft at one sitting? I always write at the keyboard, unless we are in class. I see a laptop in my future. I do write notes, if I think of something away from the computer, however, I usually sit down and spill the whole thing on paper and then edit and edit and edit.I think I did a total of six drafts.
  • What would you do differently with this paper to make it more effectively, or what did you try to do that you just don’t think you got a good handle on? I am not sure really, I know I have trouble with the summary. I think I got that down now though, I hope so.

  • What are most pleased with about this paper I dont mean to sound boastful, but I did really like this paper. I am hopeing you do to. I really put myself in this one because I felt an instant connection with this essay.

2 comments:

  1. HI Penny,

    How do you feel about this paper overall? I know that I did not look over the entire paper this time, do you believe that this was helpful or not?

    Because you are taking me in the spring, I will have many more students than I had this semester -- at the maximum, 50, so what I am observing now is placing much more emphasis on peer review and feedback, which would also mean weighted assighments. It is difficult to look over 50 rough drafts in only two days time.

    Let me know what you think.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I think, it was very helpful this time. In thinking about moving forward to another class, in a way it was a good way to kind of let us learn to fly on our own. It is scarry as hell, but if I make a huge mistake it is mine and if I did well then I know "I" did well, does that make sense. I one of hopefully several exceptions that likes to write so my opinion may not count as much. I hope this is what you were asking. I really do feel good about the overall paper, if I can get my summary right. I think I did, we will see.

    ReplyDelete