Wednesday, November 17, 2010

experiences in writing before English 100

Ø  Before this course, what did you anticipate?
I honestly, didn't know what to expect. I definitely didn't expect you. I thought my professor would be the proverbial, bi-focal twirling, gray haired lady that was my English teacher in high school. It's funny where our mind takes us.
Ø  What were you unsure of and why?
I was unsure of everything, I still am. I remember writing a research paper my senior year on the paranormal and getting an A. That is about the extent of the knowledge I retained. I have been out of the "learning" classroom so long, I was afraid it would be to hard for me to catch up or grasp anything.
Ø  Discuss your process as a reader and as a writer.
 I have written in a journal sporadically through my life. It was just notes when my life would get really chaotic, other than work related writing, I have no real experience. I do read all the time, I really think that is what is saving my nether region right now. I think I am so used to seeing words on paper and the form, that I must have picked some things up from there. I read everything! I love to read.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Penny,

    I'm grateful for your responses, but as a sidenote (and I think that you were absent the day I went over this), you only had to answer one question that you may use for Task 4. What are you most interested in discussing for this last paper?

    I'm grateful that I wasn't what you expected; I get that a lot, :) What about the knowledge you have retained this semester? How has (or has not) 100 helped you become a better reader and writer?

    As for the writing you did when we discussed Task 4 -- you tell us that you would like to write about several options of which include:

    1) Your illness and staying in class
    2) Rearranging your schedule
    3) The financial situation
    4) Guilt over time away from home
    5) The overall experience
    6) How college is different than you thought
    7) Interacting and relating to others in your classes
    8) The enjoyment and stress of classes
    9) Overcoming all obstacles

    How do these options connect to your experiences with reading, writing and learning?

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete