Friday, November 12, 2010

self evaluation of task three

  • What is the thesis for your paper? My thesis for this paper was education and how important it is. I stress how being a nerd should be what we aspire to be. My thesis statement was, "I spent more time getting ready in one morning, than I did on my homework the whole year." 
  • List the main points you make in your paper. I described my high school studies or lack there of and compared them to my friends and others. I also touched on the idea of having some social skill classes in lower grades and putting more emphasis  on acedemics than sports and other activities.

  • What was the most helpful advice you received from your peer evaluation? Everything from grammar, sentence structure and mistakes in my quotes.

  • What was the most helpful information you received in class for your paper? Once again, everything, you lead and I follow. I would like to say that the tests for this class are very helpful. I like that you get an idea of what other students have done and when you see some mistakes in the book itself, it makes you feel like you don't have to be perfect. It makes me less afraid to just put myself out there and see where it goes.

  • How many drafts of this paper do you think you wrote and how/when did you write them? For example, did you compose at the keyboard, did you write lots of notes to yourself, did you pre-write or outline, did you write in small chunks of time or sit down and produce an entire draft at one sitting? I usually write down some ideas and then just spill all out at one time on the keyboard. This task however, got me a little. I got half way through my paper and just went blank, I couldn't go any farther. I woke up the next morning a did a little more. a together, total time at keyboard, I would say was six times.

  • What would you do differently with this paper to make it more effectively, or what did you try to do that you just don’t think you got a good handle on? I had trouble pulling it together, I didn't have problems with ideas and situations, I had trouble putting me in it. I don't know,does that makes sense.

  • What are most pleased with about this paper? I think, a small think by the way, that I improve each time I write something. I am not sure. I am scared to death of task four.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Penny,

    Why are you scared to death?! It is just like Task Three after all :) Besides, it was only assigned on Friday, so you do have sometime to think about it.

    You did a great job with Task Three by the way. The detail you include is very good. I was very pleased with the overall detail and the intro especially. I can tell that you are becoming a much more stronger writer.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete