Friday, October 29, 2010

Analysis: "America Need Its Nerds"

     In Leanoid Fridman's, "America Needs Its Nerds", he makes some good points. What really got my interest was when he spoke of "importing our scientists and intellectuals from abroad." pg 210 He then says, "America's culture has not adapted to the demands of our times, to the economic realities that demand a highly educated workforce and innovative intelligent leadership."pg 210 Is it any wonder that companies are choosing to do more business overseas, to me this explains it. I have to admit that I am guilty of this "nerd/geek" attitude myself and I have to say I am ashamed. Is this a way that we protect ourselves from embarrassment, by pointing a finger and laughing at someone that truly has something no else has, a mind and intelligence, not Gucci or Channel, it really is something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment