Friday, October 29, 2010

Analysis of one aspect Kozel examines

     I find it very disturbing that in the school system there are so called professionals sleeping in class, while there students are left to "talk quietly." pg 50 Kozel "Savage Inequalities" To me this has nothing to do with the location of the school or the funds it takes to run it. It is an injustice that should be stopped. I think the blame lies entirely on the teacher and the head of that school system. In reading this text, I was so surprised and I found I was more than a little naive about how some of our children live. I have always been an advocate for our children and I will remain to be. This book is just opening my eyes to how bad it is, granted this was several years ago, however, things have more than likely not improved. When he spoke of the teacher holding the baby in the middle of the classroom and her approach to education, I wondered where this school was and then to find out that she was just down the hall from the other 5th grades class rooms I was astonished. How is this not child abuse? My heart hurts for those little ones. How do the children feel being in a classroom with such disruption when right down the hall is a teacher with love and goodness in her heart. I wonder if they feel "not chosen" or somehow wronged by not being in that classroom. It is no wonder the world is the way it is. This just enforces my opinion that it starts at home and I am including the teachers upbringing.

No comments:

Post a Comment