Monday, October 25, 2010

Response to question for task three

     Teacher, Mother, Friend, Child are all subjects you can learn from. If you participate and are active in the world, you will find that you are taught many things daily. The traditional role of student and teacher would be a person in front of the classroom, sharing  knowledge they have with someone. In turn, the person they are sharing with is to take in the knowledge and learn what it is that is being said, done, etc.
      I like the thought of learning from everyone, I am sure that even the "teacher" learns things from students. I know I have learned from my girlfriends, things not to do on dates, places to go and even who not to go with. My son helps me sometimes with my homework and he definitely educates me on the drama at school, I get an update every night. My mother has taught me to cook, clean, do my finances and to work hard. She has also taught me faith and love. My teachers have taught me that a mind is amazing. It can dream, put you in the book you are reading and it never runs out of room for information. I have been the teacher, I have been the student and I love both roles.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Penny,

    I like how you identify yourself. Is this something you intend to discuss in Task Three? If so, I think it is a great idea. If so, you could easily discuss Botstein's essay in which he discusses the MH and HS teacher may not be as knowledgeable as college professors. You could share a similar circumstance if you have one or a contrasting circumstance. OR you could also tell us more about the role of teachers and also tie in Kozol and Sherry's essay.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete