Saturday, October 16, 2010

evaluation for task two


  • What is the thesis for your paper? sentence three in the first paragraph of my essay, is my thesis statement. "I was talking.......when she was in school."

  • List the main points you make in your paper. The main point of my paper was to see how my mother's school experience differed from my own, some of the points I made were the difference in the dress, how they walked to get to the bus, punishment and how even then the urge to continue education was great.


  • What was the most helpful information you received in class for your paper? Everything.

  • How many drafts of this paper do you think you wrote and how/when did you write them? For example, did you compose at the keyboard, did you write lots of notes to yourself, did you pre-write or outline, did you write in small chunks of time or sit down and produce an entire draft at one sitting? I mostly wrote everything out on paper and then went to the keyboard. I did not do an outline, I just put information where I thought it belonged. I made about three drafts at the keyboard before finalizing and printing. This does not include the final draft.

  • What would you do differently with this paper to make it more effectively, or what did you try to do that you just don’t think you got a good handle on? I think for the first interview paper it went pretty well, knowing the basic layout and way of doing it , I would definitely get more information next time and I think spend more time on the overall "story".

  • What are most pleased with about this paper? That I actually wrote the paper without "geeking"  and no assistance. I am not sure of my grade or how I did but, in peer review everyone seemed to like it and I really enjoyed working on it. I think I really like writing.


  • What was the most helpful advice you received from your peer evaluation? Best advice was what to elaborate on and what to leave out.

    1 comment:

    1. HI Penny,

      I'm glad you find you might actually like writing! Task 3 is going to be more difficult, so I hope you feel this way afterward. I like beginning with the personal prompts; however, because it is college, we have teach academic writing. Boring, right?! :)

      Ms. C

      ReplyDelete