Sunday, September 19, 2010

Self-Evaluation

Self-Evaluation

What is the thesis for your paper? My thesis is depression and how hard it is to live with.

List the main points you make in your paper. I tried to explain in terms of how it affected my life, the points were the difficulties, some of the symptoms and that it is treatable but does not just go away.

What was the most helpful advice you received from your peer evaluation? That if you don't want to talk about it, don't mention it.

What was the most helpful information you received in class for your paper? I think the most helpful was the information on run on sentences, sentence structure and the punctuation review.

How many drafts of this paper do you think you wrote and how/when did you write them? For example, did you compose at the keyboard, did you write lots of notes to yourself, did you pre-write or outline, did you write in small chunks of time or sit down and produce an entire draft at one sitting? I wrote a few notes on paper at first, got on the computer and just wrote. As it turns out I didnt write what I did my notes on. I have maybe three drafts, I am really not sure. I wrote at all times of the day, mostly in bed at night on the first couple ideas, then the computer.

What would you do differently with this paper to make it more effectively, or what did you try to do that you just don’t think you got a good handle on? Well this being my first thesis paper, ever, I think I would have done high school English differently. I was trying to show humor in my paper so that it wouldn't seem so glum or whiney. I absolutely didn't want to come off as poor me or why me. I am not sure I did it the right way, but I did like my paper, so we will see.

What are most pleased with about this paper?
That I finished it on time and I think without many mistakes. I feel like I am on a reality show and I am waiting to see if I get voted off the island. Honestly, I am also pleased with how my paper sounds, if that makes sense.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Penny,

    In your case, did you find that by writing about this moment in your life was that it was a way of healing? How did you feel about your first writing assignment?

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was a very big step in healing, I do not like to talk about any of this and it is always hard to admit you have a weekness no matter what it is.
    I thought my first writing assignment went pretty well. I am trying to get a feel of it all. I am still pretty unsure of what I am doing and the whole process, but I am really trying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Penny,

    I can sense that you are trying and I appreciate the effort. That is all that I ask in this class is for you to attempt! :)

    ReplyDelete