Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Why are you interested in these subjects? I am interested in learning more about my mom's experiences in school, she has told me some stories over the years and I just would like to know more.
What makes him/her interesting and unique? The time period that my mom went to school there were still "expectations" of dress and behavior. She spoke once of wearing her jeans under her dress to school. Girls were not allowed to were pants to school at this time.
What sort of questions would you ask and why? How did you get to school? Did the school district provide transportation? What were the rules, such as disapline, dress and educational expectations.
What sort of problems do you think may arise for Task Two? I am afraid I won't get enough information or bring it to paper correctly.
What do you anticipate? Why? I anticipate alot of notes and rough drafts because I want to get the task done as completely as possible.
What questions do you have for Task I do not have any questions at this time about the task assigned. I am a do and learn type of person. I am sure I will have many questions after I get some information on paper.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Penny,

    I can certainly understand your concern for writing Task Two. It will not be easy. As any course is designed, this is a more difficult task. That being said, you are on the right track. You have chosen a candidate. Now we need to identify a focus. You mention that you are interested in learning about the time period your mother was raised in: that women dressed a certain way. If you choose to focus on this, then you may decide also to investigate if it affected her education in anyway. For instance, did she feel, as a woman, that she was of a lesser sex. That men's education was more important than her own. In your conversations with your mom, discuss her experiences, a new focus may arise.

    Good luck!

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete